Milk cake is a classic Indian sweet dish, which is prepared with milk and sugar at festivals and special occasions like Diwali, Holi, Teej, etc. This authentic Indian sweet dish is a perfect delight for taste buds and can be prepared in just a few minutes. The ghee present in the dish makes this dish rich and indulgent, adds a nice aroma, and accentuates the taste. If you have sudden guests dropping by and you don’t have the time to prepare an elaborate dessert spread, then this sweet recipe can make for a perfect dessert to serve your guests. What makes it truly a delectable delight is the amalgamation of milky texture blended with a balanced portion of sweet and topped with crunchy pistachios and flavorsome green cardamom. You can pack this for picnics and road trips too as its shelf life is around 7 days.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- PARAM FULL CREAM MILK 500 ml
- PARAM DESI GHEE 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- PARAM WHOLE MILK POWDER 1/2 cup
- powdered green cardamom 1/4 teaspoon
- chopped pistachios 2 tablespoon
- Pinch of alum (Fitkari)
- Edible silver (for garnishing / optional)
- Combine PARAM WHOLE MILK POWDER and a little cold PARAM FULL CREAM milk so that no lumps are formed. Keep aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a large thick-bottomed non-stick Kadhai on high heat. Add the alum and sugar, and continue to cook, stirring continuously, for about one and a half hours, or till the milk becomes grainy and begins to thicken.
- Add PARAM Desi Ghee and PARAM WHOLE Milk Powder with cold milk. Add cardamom powder and chopped pistachios. Mix well and continue to cook till the mixture begins to leave the sides of the kadhai.
- Transfer the mixture to a seven-and-a-half-inch round and two-and-a-half-inch deep greased dish and cover it. Set aside for four to five hours.
- During this time, it will continue to cook, and the middle layer will become light brown.
- Turn the milk cake out onto a serving dish, garnish with Chandi ka vark (optional) and cut into squares and serve.